The Nadalet Family

Welcome to our family, welcome to our blog. We are going to try and keep this current for those of you reading from afar (hey mom claire!) But we make no promises. And really, people don't want constant blog updates until there are kids. So in about 5 years this blog will really start going.

Please enjoy our sporadic posts on life as a married couple

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Shower Gift

Holly (she was pictured in the Betty Crocker Post) iand Jake are tying the knot in March. Matt is one of the groomsmen, and I get to just enjoy the ceremony. I, however, get to go to showers, that's what being a girl is all about, right? Well I made her these coasters, and the set that goes with them. I wanted to find earthy fabrics, that were fun, as that is what they are all about! Matt saw me making these, and asked if they were for them - that's a sign that I did something right... when someone just knows who the gift recipient is!

Front of the Coasters (used this pattern)


The backsides - I just used one square of each of the colors used in the mix up instead of a plain background.

I also made some specialty rubs. Kansas City Rib Rub, Carolina BBQ Rub, and a Sweet & Savory Seafood Rub (I am also making these for my father in law for Christmas - the theme this year is homemade, and I thought what better homemade thing for a guy than BBQ rubs? Oh and I made the labels myself!)

All together, I got the rolling pin & spatulas from the Dollar Store. They are so awesome tho and fit the color scheme perfectly! I also made some Rosemary Olive Oil. Yum-O!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

oh my gosh, you MADE those rubs? please tell me how!!! i'd love to do this for my husband for v-day coming up or his b-day-one day before v-day. He wanted some for christmas but i don't think anyone got him any