The Nadalet Family

Welcome to our family, welcome to our blog. We are going to try and keep this current for those of you reading from afar (hey mom claire!) But we make no promises. And really, people don't want constant blog updates until there are kids. So in about 5 years this blog will really start going.

Please enjoy our sporadic posts on life as a married couple

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted

For the first time on a presidential election. And also for the first time at a polling place. It was kinda fun, actually. I got to see my old neighbors and Linds. i feel like an adult, proudly wearing my "I voted" sticker. My Mom always had one and I was jealous. haha And I got a free doughnut:



Later I'm going to get my free Starbucks and ChikFilA. Even tho it is a felony to hand out free things for voting (but it's not to accept free things!)

5 comments:

Claire Koenig said...

No matter how you voted (ahem!) I'm proud of you for making your voice heard! Welcome to the world of grown-ups. Next election, start learning about the candidates and issues so you can be even more informed with each election. (read a newspaper...)

And get ready for disappointment - my classic example: I voted against Gray Davis because I thought he was doing a terrible job as CA governor. But he got reelected by a large margin. I was disappointed. About a year later there was a huge recall campaign. I was not in favor of the recall because - darn it - we elected the stupid guy to begin with, and I felt it was our ignorant voters that did it to ourselves. I kind of felt we got what we deserved with another Gray Davis term. But he was recalled, and Arnold became our governor. And now? We're still in a mess... but maybe somewhat better off than we were before. Hard to get a picture from 20,000 feet when you're on the ground.

Monique Geisler said...

whoa this is upsetting! You're supposed to receive a star-shaped red, white and blue frosted/sprinkled doughnut for voting!!

They let you off cheap :(

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the salzburg jacket.

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

Thank you Meghan...I appreciate your prayers:)