The Nadalet Family

Welcome to our family, welcome to our blog. We are going to try and keep this current for those of you reading from afar (hey mom claire!) But we make no promises. And really, people don't want constant blog updates until there are kids. So in about 5 years this blog will really start going.

Please enjoy our sporadic posts on life as a married couple

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Making Bread

I knew school would come and I would get too busy to post! haha But I think it also has to do with the fact that we are house-sitting and running around and don't really have internet up there. Or maybe the fact that I have one whole book to read (300 pages), 18 chapters to read (well we can skim about 7 of those 18), a child to watch (I can't think of the word so this doesn't sound creepy), about 10 children's books to read, and a few articles to research! augh! haha Anyways, I was smart in making all of those casseroles last week / weekend, because I haven't had to cook all week, and probably won't have to for another week (oh freezer I love you). I'm so thankful that we got 2 sets of Corningware (thanks so much Greenaways), they are lifesavers, and the plastic lids make them really stackable. I digress, I took pictures of my breadmaking last week, but forgot to post them. It's a whole wheat bread (1/2 regular flour, 1/2 half whole wheat flour) So here goes nothing...


Mixing it together...

Kneading Round 1, 10-15 minutes...

This is a ball of un-risen dough....

Put into a greased bowl and let rise... (until doubled in size)

Wow, it actually did double, I was impressed!

Punch Down! Then knead again for a few minutes...

Put into a greased pan and let rise until doubled in size (about30 minutes)

Again, I was shocked that it actually doubled in size again...

The end result, after baking for 30 minutes, a beautiful loaf of bread!

On the cooling rack (I forgot to get pictures of it sliced, my bad)




---------

No comments: