The Nadalet Family

Welcome to our family, welcome to our blog. We are going to try and keep this current for those of you reading from afar (hey mom claire!) But we make no promises. And really, people don't want constant blog updates until there are kids. So in about 5 years this blog will really start going.

Please enjoy our sporadic posts on life as a married couple

Friday, April 4, 2008

Wasps

Well I want to post pictures of the apartment and of the honeymoon, but we don't have pictures of the apt yet, and the honeymoon pictures are on my home computer! I will try to post some later tonight tho!

But I figured I would let you in on a little secret... Matt is deathly afraid of wasps. It makes sense, seeing as he was stung in the eye when he was a kid. But when he screamed and ran when the first wasp appeared on the porch, i had to try very hard not to laugh. Once he explained himself I realized that I would handle wasp problems in our house (yet he still kills the spideys!) haha

So the story continues, this wasp keeps sitting on our doorjam, so we don't want to open the door and disturb it or let it in the house. I shooed it away with a broom, but on day 3, it had friends with it. At this point Matt bought some wasp spray, and I called my dad. His advice "Have Matthew take off his shirt, then cover his chest with honey and have him lay in the backyard. When they land on them, hit them with a fly swatter." Very creative, Matt's response - "We have wasps, not BEES!!" Long story short, Kevin and Lindsey came over, and by this time we had 3 cans of wasp spray. So around 7 pm (they're calmest at night), Kevin sprays the nests. Then knocks them down, and steps on them. Matt was in on this action with him. Linds and I just watched from afar. But they knocked down 19 wasp nests on our building (of 4 apartments) alone. There were 2 that were larger than grapefruits. We haven't had any problems since then. And we haven' caught any in our trap (that's a kind of a bummer, I wanted to catch a bunch and watch them die) haha So that's whats new with us. Hope it entertained you!

2 comments:

Mary Madelynn said...

you may enjoy the sufjan stevens song "the predatory wasp of the palisades is out to get us" to get you through this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

So glad there are others out there who are sharing life with us over the blog world:)