The Nadalet Family

Welcome to our family, welcome to our blog. We are going to try and keep this current for those of you reading from afar (hey mom claire!) But we make no promises. And really, people don't want constant blog updates until there are kids. So in about 5 years this blog will really start going.

Please enjoy our sporadic posts on life as a married couple

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mexico Feb 5 - 7

Last weekend we went to Mexico. Or Flexico, as Sue likes to call it. We had a wonderful weekend and it was really hard to go home! Of course, on such wonderful weekends, you forget to take pictures of everything. But basically, I spent the weekend with a new missionary named Jen. She's right around my age and awesome. On Friday we built the back walls to 5 outhouses. And I used power tools, that's right. Power tools. First a drill and second a skilsaw. :) It was about time for me to use those, I've seen them in use for YEARS! haha Anywho, Saturday we went to Home Depot and Costco. Trying to find stuff at Home Depot where everything is in Spanish & 99% of the employees speak Spanish is a challenge. But we used our limited Spanish to find an English speaking employee who let us know that they do not have sheet metal. Ah well. Costco was easier - and Emily, you can use your US Costco card in Mexico. Thought you might appreciate that! That afternoon, Jen took me around the camp to see all of the missionaries homes, and I finished the day with braiding the hair of 3 girls. After dinner, Matt & I played Nertz with Jen & Jason until very very late. It was fun giggling in the lofthouse after dark. Sunday we took Matt on a tour, walked to an abandoned corral (built out of stones!) and then helped Carter finish the outhouses. It was a great weekend, and I miss the Ranch & the missionaries already. We plan to go back very soon!

Matt made me drive the Ranch road. This is my patronizing him with a picture (seriously, he grabbed the camera and said, we need a pic of this!)

But I really loved driving, and had a hard time giving the keys back!


Right before we left, I thought to get some pics of our lofthouse. Those curtains - chess sets. Made by me!

The sweet plaque on the door. Papa's legacy of service & giving lives on.


Hope. A fitting name for one of his memorial lofthouses (oh yeah, and we stayed in it). I just realized how neat this shot is, with the reflections of the lofthouse in the background! And it's Fe - the other lofthouse in his memory (and the showerhouse haha)!

Me & Jen. There are a million ways that I want to critique myself in this picture, but I won't. Jen is awesome, can't you tell by her big smile? She's the teacher down there. And I just sent off a TON of art supplies for her - very exciting!

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

service and fun!

krista said...

sounds like a great weekend! i love jen.

genevieve said...

cool, i am jealous of your good times! glad you had fun

Sarah said...

What a cool trip! So glad you had such a good time!

Carissa said...

Yeah for Mexico! And yeah for Jen!! Kind of neat to see the house we built are still standing! :)